Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Going to Ambury farm

This is my writing about how we went to Ambury farm for our trip, it was on Tuesday. So have a look and I hope you enjoy . Please leave me a comment,Thank you.

“Yay” it was it was trip day today and we were going to Ambury farm. As Mr Burt was doing the prayer I was thinking if we are going to ride horses on the farm. It took us 30 minutes by bus to get there. When we got out of the bus it was raining so we waited under the shed for it to stop.


Miss Ouano went to check if there was anyone at the back,we ate our morning tea then we went into the barn. Debbie was explaining to us what we were going to do and what we were going to play. As soon as we finished playing the matching game we got into two groups. In our group was  room 13 and some of room eighteen.  


We went straight in the shearing shed which is where they shear the sheep for wool. Our teacher was Janine. She let us go in and when I walked inside it  was smelly, the air was muggy and stuffy. I felt like I was going to spew and I couldn’t even breath. Janine showed us the sheeps wool and how they shear the sheep. Janine gave us the dirty wool and said “feel it ,smell it, and don’t forget to put it on your skin”. Ashley gave to me and when I touched it I threw it away. After that we swapped with the other class. Man I never want to go back in there.


In the milking shed Debbie showed us the equipment and what she was going to do . She went out and got a giant cow. Debbie milked her. The she let us touch the cow and find out what her name was. I went and looked around and on the the was a little yellow paper with number 136 on it. I called out number 136 but Debbie said that we were wrong ,it was Mrs T .

After that we split up into three groups and we went different ways. Miss Lavakula’s   group  went to the beach , “How lucky” . Janine and our group went to feed some animals and those animals were ,Cows ,Pigs, Sheep,lambs goats, and Chickens . For feeding animals my favourite was Cow , Chickens , Goats , and sheeps. The best is the goats because one goat was call Mr big because he was enormous , it always licks my hand , it was ticklish and I also got to touch his beard.



It was an awesome day and that was my second time at Ambury farm, my first time at Ambury farm was when we came with my family for holiday. What I hate about the farm is the smell and the poos on the grass ,I tried not to step on it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great retelling of our trip to Ambury Farm, Taunese! You had lots of detail

    ReplyDelete